From: "Emanuel Damasceno" <aedamasc...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 8, 2011 8:18 pm
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] SRST keepalive time
To: <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>

Thanks for the replies.

It didn't work. The customer has a centralized solution with 2 sites. His
two sites use MGCP, but unfortunately his environment is a screwy solution.
He has EVERYTHING on VLAN 1. I explained to him many times he needed to
segregate his VLANs and use QoS for his WAN. But we have to work with this
CRAPPY solution for the time being...

This is what he needs (I'll try to be as specific as I can).

His screwed up WAN link is a 2MBps (I highly doubt this) without any QoS
applied (neither in his side or his SP). The link is very unstable and his
phones on the remote site keeps coming back and forth from SRST. Since it
keeps doing it for so long, the phones keep just being out of its service,
because it registers, then there is a problem with the link and all his
phones in the remote site tries to go to SRST mode, but then all of the
sudden the link is back and the phones try to go back to CUCM.

He was asking me to put a 12 hour (yes, who doesn't have a customer like
this...) before the phones tried to connect with CUCM again. In other
words, he wanted to let the phones in SRST mode for a few hours until he
fixes his problem with the link. So, I tried the command ccm-manager
switchback uptime-delay "minutes", and  we simulate a WAN outage. The
phones entered SRST (well, at least he said it was. I am the remote
support), but when he turned on the CUCM back, the phones registered right
away. Even after setting the time for two hours.

So, we went on Enterprise Parameters and changed the "connection duration
monitor" but I didn't do it clusterwise. I did it on the device pool on the
remote site. Now, the phones didn't register to SRST so  none of the phones
were making any calls or receiving it (that's why I wonder his SRST
solution never worked in the first place). So I rolled back to the standard
settings and I told him I'd study his solution and give him back an answer.
Honestly, knowing what he has, I think this won't work, but can you guys
give me any ideas?

I appreciate it.

*Antonio Emanuel Damasceno*
CCNA, CCNA Voice, CCNP Voice, CCIE Voice (written)
CompTIA Network+