I believe that is the desired results, see below from the SRND

Voice Bearer Traffic

Inter-region call with audio codec maximum set to G729, connecting using
G.729:

•Initial request: 40 kbps using a 10 ms worst-case scenario

•Updated request: 24 kbps using the preferred sample size of 20 ms

Inter-region call with audio codec maximum set to G.728/iLBC, connecting
using iLBC:

•Initial request: 48 kbps using a G.728 10 ms worst-case scenario

•Updated request: 31.2 kbps using iLBC with a preferred sample size of 20 ms

Inter-region call with audio codec set to G711, connecting using G.711:

•Initial request: 96 kbps using a 10 ms worst-case scenario

•Updated request: 80 kbps using the preferred sample size of 20 ms