But still if you keep max-reserve to 75%, under your classes you can't
configure more than 75% of total bandwidth. The command will throw an error of
not enough bandwidth if u try to do so. So if all classes are congusted
(including default class), u won't get more that 75% on non-default classes. To
be to do so you have to raise the max-reserved to 100%.

What you see is caused by min-max approach used by CBWFQ. This means when
congestion is happening the minimum garunteed bandwidth for each class will be
assigned based on classes configuration. Now if one class (for example the
default class) isn't utilizing the mini garunteed bandwidth fully, the extra
amount will be distributed among the other classes ; who are demanding more
bandwidth, based on weights.

I am not saying that Cisco doc is wrong :) ... But saying that the setting
isn't effective means that I should be able to configure more bandwidth even if
that 75% is there. But in case of congestion in all classes including the
default one, you won't get more than 75% on all classes.

Regards,
Mohammed Al Baqari

Sent from my iPhone