From: "datucha123 datucha123" <datucha...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 24, 2011 11:42 am
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] ANI Translation
To: <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>

Hello,

I am a little confused about the ANI translation.

Imagine that we have several Route Patterns:

1. Local Calls Pattern
2. Long Distance Calls Pattern
3. International Calls Pattern

Actual Pattern Strings does not matter.

All Patterns point to the same Route List (there is only one Route List
defined)

Now if we want to provide different ANI based on the Called Number, we have
to use the Route Pattern Translation options so that when the call
goes through "Local Calls Pattern", we can set ANI as XXXXX.
But when the call goes through the "Long Distance Calls Pattern" we can set
the ANI to YYYYY
And so on, for "International Calls Pattern" as well.

As and I guess it is NOT POSSIBLE  to use the Route List ANI Translation
Options for ANI translation based on the Called Number, as all Patterns
point to the same Route List, and Route List cannot differentiate which
Route Pattern has been called initially. So it will Translate ANI for all
calls, without differentiating which Pattern has been called.

 Am I right? Or I am missing something, and do not fully understand the
Route Lists?