Hello Expert.

First I'd like to say this is not CCIE related. I decided to post it here,
because the majority of us work with voice, and we might help each other.

I received a project a few months ago where I have to upgrade from CUCM
4.1.3 to 8.5. There is no upgrade straight through 8.5. I have to go first
to 7.X and then to 8.5.

This customer has one big structure, where there is 1 CUCM Pub and 5
Subscribers. He also got 6 Gatekeepers and over 5k devices. Needless to say
this customer has thousands of users, route patterns, partitions, CSSs etc.

As I run DMA on the Publisher server, I receive a lot of warnings like the
ones shown below:

*02/01/2012  12:31:49
Warning: Device or DeviceProfile=001ef7297af9 for user=3028541 not found in
the database.
Condition: The Device found in the directory does not exist in the database

Solution: Please verify that the user is associated to a valid device or a
device profile. Please add the mentioned device or device profile through
CCM Admin pages or manually delete this value from the users CCN profile

*That's just one of the thousands I get with the same message. Now, another
couple thousand of these:
*
02/01/2012  12:36:18
Warning: Numplan (NULL) for User 3008935 is invalid. Ignoring the user
Condition: Primary Extension for this user is invalid. It does not exist in
the database

Solution: Please ensure that the user is associated with a valid primary
extension/numplan*

And another couple thousand of these:
*
Row: 4705 SQL error: -746(37129)
   Error executing "update FACInfo set Name='Aloísio Flávio'
where pkid='2a07d93d-d281-412a-a066-ff9e28edd14a'": [Informix][Informix
ODBC Driver][Informix]Unspecified System Error =  -746. sqlerrm(37129)
      Name                          Aloísio
Flávio
      AuthorizationLevel            0
      Code                          925046
      pkid                          2a07d93d-d281-412a-a066-ff9e28edd14a
 NOT MODIFIABLE

Table: PhoneButton                         2012-02-01 16:09:22*

So, after a long time waiting for Cisco to give us an idea of how to handle
this (they haven't answered us yet), our customer decided that he wants
everything built from the ground up. I just wanted to ask you guys what
would be the best way to extract over 50k entries. I know I will have to be
using Excel for this, but has anybody ever done this that way? We tried
doing many things, we modified many things, we removed special characters
(that's what cause the 3rd error), but we are always haunted by it. I
installed Visual Studio on Publisher and started tweaking a few entries on
SQL DB, but no luck.

What I need is to remove its DB contents and use Excel to BAT it to CUCM
8.5. We don't have any spare time anymore to try fixing the problem with
CUCM 4.1.3. We already received the UCSs, and I already installed the whole
system in it. It's just waiting for the contents so we can pull the plug on
CUCM 4.1.3 by the end of Feb.

I am throwing the towel because I need to solve this ASAP so I can go back
to my studying. My exam is next month, and this project is my LAST until my
exam... HELP! :)

Thanks in advance*
Emanuel Damasceno*
CCNP Voice