Ok- good answer. The one I'm questioning is this:

> in English when would traffic being placed into egress Q4T3 be dropped?
> Q4T2 Traffic will be dropped if it exceeds 67% of X unless it could grab 33%
> of X from the common pool, in this case Q4T3 traffic will be dropped when it
> reaches X.

If this is the case what is the purpose of the maximum threshold (M in my PDF).
Is this totally unused?

This is "maximum memory that this queue can have before packets are dropped" to
quote the 3750 config guide. Q4T1 and Q4T2 are not allowed to expand their
buffers to M (400%) since their threshold values are set to 20% and 50%
respectively. How about Q4T3?  The Q4 buffer could expand to M to avoid
dropping traffic placed into Q4T3 (if common pool BW is available!).

Vik Malhi – CCIE #13890
Managing Partner - IPexpert, Inc.

Telephone: +1.810.326.1444 ext 420
Fax: +1.810.454.0130