I have been using my own equipment for the labs and practice and have not found
this to be a detrimental issue.  The only problem with it is this....

When you are looking at the initial configs to format them to work on your
equipment , it's hard not to accidentally spot the purposefully entered
configuration commands that create the "troubleshooting" aspect of the labs.
Thus you must learn from those situations at different times than intended.  As
far as with the applications, I haven't really noticed anything that I would
have done to create issues.  UCCX issues are loaded for you in the Volume 2
labs so you can just load those up into your UCCX server to replicate the
troubleshooting scenario.  I haven't had any labs (that I can recall) that I
would have had to create issues in the applications(UCM,CME,UCXn,CUE and CUPS)
with.  I hope I clearly wrote that.

Anyways, my .02c is that you ultimately have to troubleshoot and account for
more, thus gain a better understanding, when you use your own equipment.  I
believe this is cause you have to look more closely at the configs to replicate
the environment developed by IPE onto your POD.  There is give and take with
this but I believe it is ultimately more complex and rewarding to use your own
equipment.  Just make sure you get the benefit of spotting the configuration
errors in the configs before they bite you...  You will ultimately experience
more troubleshooting with the use of a diverse POD.  Jut my .02 like I said.  I
think the Proctor lab PODS setup is awesome and thus I use both, but feel that
if I had to choose one over the other I would definitely want my own POD.

Thanks,

Justin McIntyre

Message: 2