So ultimately I believe your assumption is correct.  If you were routing from
one gateway to another and you receive a "legitimate" un-allocated number
response , then under most circumstances you would absolutely want to stop
routing, after all, the number is un-allocated why badger it to death from one
angle or another.  However, if it were that the result of an un-available route
was due to a circuit out of order then by all means we would want to find an
alternate path.  Reference the Ipexpert BootCamp where I recently learned the
depth of this information.

For those of you who are wondering the ILT bootcamp and the OWLE that IPEXPERT
has to offer is absolutely the best money you could spend.  Vik is absolutely
in-tune with the "ebb and flow" of the CCIE Voice and offers priceless insight
into the technology.  If you want to get a very in-depth look at the
information within the Voice blueprint then I suggest you book a class if not
both classes as fast as you can.  You will come out of them a better technician
instead of just someone that can learn a question.

Thanks,

Justin McIntyre

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended
for the sole use of the individual to whom they are addressed. Black Box
Corporation reserves the right to scan all e-mail traffic for restricted
content and to monitor all e-mail in general. If you are not the intended
recipient or you have received this email in error, any use, dissemination or
forwarding of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email.