Yeah, sorry I slip into "sales" mode sometimes - thinking production not lab..
I have run much more that the setup you are planning on a 5 year old MCS-7828
(I forget the HP and IBM equivalents). The 7828 has 6 GB ram and 2x250GB disks.
ESXi 4.x handles everything perfectly. The only issue is occasional "drunk
unity lady" as the VMWare scheduler likes a dedicated processor core to handle
direct RTP traffic. My advice - try it on something you have before acquiring
something new.

DQ
d...@cisco.com<mailto:d...@cisco.com>

Sent from my iPhone