Please correct me if necessary.  I've done some limited home testing on ICT vs
Device > Gateway.

My understanding from the SRND is that Device > Trunk ICT Non-gatekeeper should
only be used with another CallManager/Cluster.  With Trunk > H323
Non-Gatekeeper Controlled TCS is always sent.  I'm also wondering if anything
non-standard is sent as it expects the other end to be a CallManager/Cluster.

With Device > Gateway the default is unchecked Wait for Far End H.245 Terminal
Capability Set.  Depending on who becomes Master/Slave you might not see a TCS
Reject but instead the Master (be sure to understand MSD and be able to tell
who is Master) sending a disconnect without a definitive proof of why.  I would
then check Wait for Far End H.245 Terminal Capability Set and review SDI/SDL
traces for TCS problems, however if the other side doesn't send TCS I have a
Stalemate and can't show proof TCS is the problem, only how I did my
troubleshooting that problem is far end configuration.

References
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/callpros.html

ICT Non-Gatekeeper Controlled
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/trunks.html#wp1044701

http://www.mail-archive.com/ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com/msg27089.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/video.html#wp1046354
Note: For intercluster trunks and gatekeeper-controlled intercluster trunks,
the Wait for Far-End to Send TCS option is always disabled and cannot be
enabled.