Hi Chrys,

So essentially you need a backup trunk, which doesn't use your main
Ethernet circuit. If you don't use PRI or analog line (which would be a
separate circuit from main Ethernet) you'd need another separate circuit,
like Internet broadband (any technology). Then you could have a SIP Trunk
between your routers over that backup circuit. If you'll be using Internet
as underlying transport, I suggest you consider encryption using IPSec or
just use TLS/SRTP for SIP Trunk. Of course QoS concerns apply for Internet
circuit.

Bottom line, one way or another you need to have a completely separate
circuit for your backup voice trunk, be it TDM based (PRI or analog) or IP
based.

Sergey