hi All,

Any feedback on the below email?

-Vir

From: "virajith "<vir...@rediffmail.com>
Sent: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 21:31:01
To: "ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com"<ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Subject: LAN QOS - Need clarification
Hi All,

I need to map cos 5 to EF 46. The gig port for CUPC client needs to be marked
for dscp3 and
guaranteed BW of 32k for CUPC signalling

Excess traffic should be marked to dscp 8 and then transmitted.

My configuration on the Headquater switch is as follows...

mls qos
mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56
mls qos map policed-dscp 24 26 to 8

ip access-list extended cupc-sig
permit udp IPofCUPserver eq 5060 any
permit tcp IPofCUPserver eq 5060 any
permit tcp IPofCUPserver eq 2748 any

class-map match any cupc-sig
match access-group name cupc-sig

class cupc-sig
police 32000 8000 exceed-action policed-dscp-transmit
set dscp cs3

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/4
service-policy input cupc

After this I have applied on the HQ switch ...

1) mls qos trust dscp on the trunk port to the HQ router

2) mls qos trust dscp to all ports that connect to the servers

3)mls qos trust device cisco-phone and mls qos trust cos to the ports that
connect to the
phones.

Questions :
====================

1) Is the above config for the CUPC client correct? Please correct me if it is
incorrect

2)Is the configuration of qos for the other ports as indicated correct?

3)Do the port configurations pertaining to QOS need to done on the Branch
routers as well (that
  have the ESW module in them)  ?

4) Has anyone seen any negative impact of qos settings on the switch that could
break other
configs if incorrect ?

Please assist!

-Vir

Catch India as it happens with the Rediff News App. To download it for FREE,
click here