Hi Todd,

The way I look at this is that for real-world you'd likely need to know the
newer versions, like 8.6 or 9.0, so I'd study using the later versions, as
I'll need that for my work. However, the chances are, that lab uses 7.x, so
I'll prepare for lab exam using 7.x. That way, I'd know both the new
features of later versions and limitations of the 7.x.

Sergey