That is a hard question to answer definitively. It is a juggling act between
reading comprehension, choosing your approach based on requirements, accurate
application of configs, and speed of application. You have 8 hours to complete
the lab and you will have a 20 min lunch thrown in the middle somewhere. The
time you start, have lunch, and finish will depend on the testing facility.

Personally, my goal is to get through the configs with 2 hours remaining for:

- Tackling any questions I didn't know "off the top of my head"
- Doing an end-to-end validation of the lab to catch any oversights / screw ups

In reality, the goal of having 2 hours left over for testing/validation is a
real challenge. All I can say is that everyone I have heard from who passed the
test were able to knock out the core configurations in 5 - 6 hours and had 1.5
- 2 hours dedicated to checking their work. That isn't to say there aren't
people who pass without this validation process. Just that I don't know of any.

--
William Bell
blog: http://ucguerrilla.com