If I were trying to police MGCP signalling traffic from the HQ RTR  would
it be best to classify my traffic based on AF31, as this is the default
signalling marking used by the gateway, or is there a better way? I dont
have the option of NBAR on a catalyst switch, so i think my only other
option would be an access list. I have tried to match the MGCP signalling
traffic both the access list (TCP 2428 and UDP 2427) and also the dscp
value of AF31 but not sure if i am actually achieving my objective.

Then apply my policer as required in the policy-map that gets attached to
the port connecting the router to the switch...

Also, i have been playing with this configuration and since the Catalyst
3750 does not provide any matches when using the "show policy-map interface
fa1/0/1" command how would you all verify that mgcp signalling traffic is
indeed being matched and thus policed by your policy map?
routers are so much nicer becuase you can actually see if your class-maps
are getting hit or not...

thanks all

steve