Steve,

Not sure if you were presenting that question to me or the OP. I can answer
from my perspective:

I set the emask on the ports because I feel it is best practice and it is part
of my base config. I am already dorking with the VM ports to assign a CSS, AAR
CSS, and AAR group and while I am there I mod the emask and save the config.

As far as relevance or how it is used. If you didn't toggle the "Display
Original Calling Number on Transfer from Unity" from the default value then the
port emask would be used for direct and transfer calls from CUC. If you toggled
the aforementioned service parameter to true then the emask on the port would
only be used for direct calls.

A relevant IE question involving direct calls would be sending notification
messages to a telephone number. Whether that question has been / is / will be
on an IE exam is any one's guess.

Again, I set the emask to the vmpilot number as part of base config template.
Now, if I wasn't already going into the VM port for another reason then I'd
likely say "screw it" unless there was a question that made me deal with it.

-Bill

--
William Bell
blog: http://ucguerrilla.com