Singh,

I am not sure how to answer question #1. cBarge requires a hardware conference
bridge so I don't know how one would compare/contrast the two. If you are
asking about cBarge vs. ad-hoc or MML conferencing then the main difference is
who initiates the conference. With cBarge a party with a shared line appearance
initiates the conference by barging in on an active call. With adhoc a person
already involved in the call is pulling another party in. With MML, a person
initiates the bridge that others can dial into.

Once configured, you would stand up an active call on the shared line and then
barge in from the phone not involved in the call.

-BIll
--
William Bell
blog: http://ucguerrilla.com