From: Bill Lake <whl...@gmail.com>
Sent: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 18:17:34
To: Martin Sloan <martinsloa...@gmail.com>
Cc: ramesh <rameshdol...@rediffmail.com>, ccie_voice
<ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] MVA confusion and quesiton
  On Number 2 you should remember in 7.0.x there is a bug with partial match
and you might not want to risk hitting it

Bill
Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 7, 2013, at 7:43 AM, Martin Sloan <martinsloa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ramesh,

Here's some answers based on my approach to configuring MVA.

1)  I would use the 4 digit number for my dial-peer and CUCM MVA number
(3300).  Since you probably already have a translation-profile in place on
the voice port or inbound dial-peer to chop the called number down to 4 digits,
it makes sense to use that.

2) I don't change the calling party number and I use 'complete match' on the
service parameter.  I set my remote destination to that full number
(either 7 or 10 digits).

3) No manipulation required, just set the remote destination to the full number.

Marty

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM, ramesh <rameshdol...@rediffmail.com>