You're close.  The holder (phone that is initiating the hold) dictates the
audio file and the holdee (phone being held) uses its configured Moh server.

An example would be if user A is a help desk or other agent and has a
recorded voice (special offers, website url, general tips, etc) as the moh
audio file, but user B is a standard user with music file for MOH.  If A
places B on hold, then user B should hear the MOH file set on the A phone
relevant to the help desk.

For your scenarios it would look like this: