***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***


On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 16:43 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> ***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
> ***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***
> 
> 
> Apologies for continuing to top-post here...
> 
> If the cleavage would only remove 28 amino acids from a 500 amino acid
> chain, it could easily be missed by SDS-PAGE, although mass spec would
> catch it.  However, I don't think you can get enough sample from a
> dissolved crystal to run mass spec.

Absolutely, yes you can.


What is the low resolution cut-off on the data used in refinement? A
lack of low-res data (cut off of 6 - 10 A) can cause map errors such as
apparent chain breaks.

Cheers,
-- 
=======================================================================
I've gained no wisdom, no insight, no mellowing. I would make all the
same mistakes again, today. - Woody Allen
=======================================================================
                              David J. Schuller
                              modern man in a post-modern world
                              MacCHESS, Cornell University
                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Reply via email to