Dear Jurgen,

I seem to recall having some luck by adding in the hydrogens on the
reduced sulphur conformations and using the 'use hydrogens if present in
file' option for refmac. I think that I first used the 'generate all
hydrogens' in a single round of refinement, along with the save output
to coordinate file and edited them as needed.

This seemed to give a reasonable result for the S-S and reduced
conformations. I also had alternative conformations for a residue or two
either side, to allow the mainchain to adjust to the presence/absence of
the disulpide, but that may depend on the relative positions of the Cys
in your sequence.

Andy

--
Cat, n.: Lapwarmer with built-in buzzer.
|  Andy Purkiss, School of Crystallography, Birkbeck College, London  |