I find that one of the best aspects of the current system is that I get a
lot of emails, which allows me to maintain the illusion that I have lots
of friends.

But for organization purposes, I use a rule such as the following in
.procmailrc:

# ccp4 bb
:0:
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| ${FORMAIL} -A"X-Folder: Bulk" >>xtal_lists_mbox

A good description of how this works (primarily as an anti-spam tool) is
here:  http://www.spambouncer.org/