For a complex that size, a quick and dirty way to check for aggregates
might  be to look at the samlpe under EM with negative stain. As far as
getting a homogeneous protein solution, are there subunits that might have
disordered  domains/termini? If so maybe the clones can be engineered to
express the stable domains. This is a good program to check for disorder
in your protein:  http://bioinf.cs.ucl.ac.uk/disopred/

And of course playing with the buffer(type, pH, salt, additives) might
yield a preferred condition in which the protein is happy.
Good luck,

Kianoush