Hi Rob,

have you tried playing with your stock detergent concentration?

By mixing your stock protein with the crystallisation buffer, the dilution of the LDAO  may take it below a critical concentration for your protein, hence the precipitation.

Alternatively you could try using the lower protein concentrations such as 2mg/ml but use a different protein:buffer ratio in the drop... 2 protein : 1 buffer, or variants thereof.

HTH,

Dave