I suspect you are looking at the same solution (by your own account, both were solved with shelxd) but with a different origin.

The Euclidian normalizer of F222 is equal to Immm with basis vector (1/2)a,(1/2)b,(1/2)c. This in practice means that you have allowed origin shifts like n/4, m/4, o/4 (n,m,o are integers).

See for instance chapter 15 of International tables (euclidian normalizers, sometimes also call chesire symmetry http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/html/cheshirecell.html)

Check for origins shifts and hand changes using iotbx.emma, or use the webserver: http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx/emma.html You need to supply coordinates of two solutions, and you will get an operator back.

Other programs are available of course (sitcom, nantmorph(???)), as well as a script by James Holton.

HTH

Peter

Nian Huang wrote:

Dear all,
         I have a protein structure solved at 2.5 A by molecular
replacement. The space group is F222. Because this protein is soaked
with MnCl2, I was trying to use shelxCDE and crank (choose shelxD
option) to solve its heavy atom sites using SIR or SIRAS. Crank
generated correct solution. But solution generated by shelxCDE has
incorrect tanslation and rotation, although the relative distance
among heavy atoms are correct.