ETH Zurich, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics is searching for a System Administrator, 100% position, starting November 1st 2006

The Institute for Molecular Biology and Biophysics of the ETH Zurich is hiring a system administrator. We are a research institute focused on modern topics in structural biology and biophysics such as X-ray crystallography, NMR, and spectroscopy with large computing infrastructure. For additional information regarding our institute and research topics please see www.mol.biol.ethz.ch. We currently maintain a large number of computers based on Windows and Linux systems. The system administrator will be responsible for the maintenance of the existing computing software and hardware infrastructure and development of new solutions and computing policies. Furthermore, the person will support and train scientific staff and students with respect to their computing needs.

The person is expected to have extensive experience with the above mentioned computing systems.  Programming or script writing skills for the purposes of integrating program packages and setting up the computing systems would be desired. Specific background is not critical but experience in scientific computing, specifically in the field of structural biology, would be advantageous. Excellent communication skills in both German and English and high motivation for the job is essential.  For additional information please contact Prof. Nenad Ban ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

The location of the job is at the ETH Zurich campus Hoenggerberg and can easily be reached from most locations within the Zurich city by public transportation. Provided that the candidate shows exceptional performance, the position can be converted to a permanent employment at the ETH Zurich after several years.

Interested?  Please send the entire application, including CV, to ETH Zurich, Human Resources, Frau Corina Niescher, Turnerstrasse 1 TUR C 20, 8092 Zurich.