A recent visitor to my lab. successfully transported her crystals by air with no problems by preparing them in a gel which she put into the beads of a neclace which she then wore.

George

P.R. Evans wrote:

One way of transporting crystals which we used before the days of freezing was to suck the whole drop with crystals into a small Xray capillary. This is immune to shaking & can be transported discreetly (though temperature may still be an issue)

Phil