Postdoctoral positions in structural biology in Montréal

Postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Irena Ekiel at the National Research Council of Canada in the area of protein structural biology. Our projects focus on protein-protein and protein-ligand complexes by NMR spectroscopy combined with crystallography and bioinformatics. The two main research areas are: (1) structural and functional genomics of bacterial protein complexes (CIHR funded) (2) structural studies of protein complexes of eukaryotic signaling pathways (NRC funded through NSERC fellowship) The candidates should have strong experience in protein NMR spectroscopy, good background in biochemistry with some experience in protein purification/characterization. Familiarity with basic molecular biology and protein crystallography will be valuable. Our institute is very well equipped for the structural analysis of protein complexes by both NMR and X-ray crystallography. We have access to 500, and 800 and 900 (solids) MHz NMR spectrometers and excellent computer networks for structural calculations. Many projects are performed in collaboration with other groups at BRI and local universities providing excellent opportunities for multidisciplinary research.

            For more information contact:
            Dr. Irena Ekiel
            Biotechnology Research Institute
          National Research Council of Canada