Dear All,

I would like to announce the first release of...

xia2: Automated Data Reduction

xia2 is a new automated data reduction system designed to work from raw
diffraction data and a little metadata, and produce usefully reduced
data in a form suitable for immediately starting phasing and structure
solution, e.g. through Mr BUMP or your favourite experimental phasing
suite.

The only software which is actually required is CCP4 6.0.1/2 (other data
reduction suites will be supported in time) and Python 2.4.x, and the
following platforms are supported:

- GNU/Linux on i386 (and 64 bit extensions)
- OS X 10.4 intel (PPC support will be added if there is demand)
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP (Vista is untested)

For more information and downloads please visit the CCP4 prerelease
pages or go directly to:

http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/xia

Regards,

Graeme Winter

Development of xia2 is supported by the BBSRC e-HTPX grant and the EU
framework 6 BioXHit initiative. xia2 makes extensive use of Phil Evans's
program Pointless, and I would like to thank him for the extensive
modifications made to the program, and can will also use Labelit if
available. I would also like to thank the US structural genomics JCSG
group for providing their extensive collection of raw diffraction data
to methods developers. Finally I would like to acknowledge CCP4, for
without their software this project would go nowhere!