Hi everyone,

I'm having an error similar to Chris Kimberlin but I have not enabled
stereo in coot nor do I get in my error message "WARNING:: switch to
hardware_stereo_mode failed" like Chris does.

This is the exact error message coot prints to my terminal:

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkWidget'
CATASTROPHIC ERROR:: in gl_extras  no GtkGL widget!
CATASTROPHIC ERROR:: failed to create Gtk GL widget

The coot startup screen displays, disappears as normal, the tips
screen then pops up but the main window does not. I'm left unable to
quit coot without forcing it to close.

I installed coot 0.1.3-pre-1-138 using fink. I'm running X11 1.1.3 and
Mac OS X 10.4.8.

Curiously enough, I can run coot fine if I remotely log into my
computer via ssh -X and display coot using X11 Forwarding.

Does anyone have an idea how I could get coot running locally again?

On 11/3/06, Paul Emsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 13:12 +0100, Luca Jovine wrote:

> Yes, I just tried it and it works very well!

Good stuff.

> But for some reason, if
> I switch on the stereo when I am displaying a map with antialias on,
> both the map (but not the model) and antialias get switched off.
> However, if I then manually turn on antialias again and re-select the
> map in the display manager, then I am able to display the antialiased
> map in stereo.

For the record, I think (something like) this has been reported before.
I have not yet tried to reproduce it.

It currently seems to me like a server/driver/hardware error, but maybe
not.

Paul.