You are missing _a_ library or _an_ object file where these functions or variables are defined.

If you give a bit more information about which program this is, what command line you used to compile it, one might be able to give more precise answers. You might also use 'grep' on archives or object files in order to find out more.

--
Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A