RE: System-specific substructure naming schemes

When I solved heme oxygenase, I ran into a hitch with secondary
structure naming. An important helix was kinked. There were two copies
of the monomer in the asymmetric unit, and the automated secondary
structure assignment programs told me that one copy contained a single
long helix while the other contained two shorter helices. I therefore
decided not to fiddle with a naming scheme.

Cheers,
With the single exception of Cornell, there is not a college in the
United States where truth has ever been a welcome guest - R.G. Ingersoll
                              David J. Schuller
                              modern man in a post-modern world
                              MacCHESS, Cornell University
                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]