We are looking for a highly motivated Postdoc to join our laboratory at the Fritz Lipmann Institute in Jena, Germany.

Our lab is currently being established and focuses on the structural understanding of two related biological topics. At first, structure-function-relationships of proteases with a special focus on processing endoproteases activating their substrates within the secretory pathway are investigated. This class of proteases is special as it recognizes its substrates with unusually high specificity. In addition, it proves to be a very interesting drug target as many bacterial and viral pathogens must be proteolytically activated by members of this family. The second research focus is aimed at obtaining an atomic picture of the pathological events leading to Alzheimer's disease (AD) and of the physiological functions of AD-associated proteins and protein complexes.

The applicant should be highly self-motivated with a genuine interest in structural biology and have good team-working capabilities. She/he will have a recent Ph.D. and profound experience in X-ray structure determination and structural analysis of proteins. Thorough knowledge of cloning, protein expression and purification, especially of membrane proteins, would be a great advantage.

For more details, please refer to
http://www.fli-leibniz.de/news/positions_en.php?&doc=25

Dr. Manuel E. Than

Protein Crystallography Group