Hi Mike,

using phenix.refine you can refine grouped or individual occupancies in any combination with other model parameters (xyz, B, TLS, ...). For example, you can refine one occupancy factor per ligand.

For more information:
http://www.phenix-online.org/download/cci_apps/
look "Quick Facts" and "Documentation" links.

Cheers,
Pavel.

michael nelson wrote:

From the responses,I believe my ligand has a low occupancy.
But technically, how do I refine the occupancy of the ligand? I'm using shelxl at this moment, but it's a bit hard to refine its occupany in this program.Anybody know how to do it?
Probably I should switch to CNS or Refmac5.
Many thanks anyway.
Mike