CALL FOR PROPOSALS for experiments at the macromolecular crystallography
beamlines at MAX-lab, Lund, Sweden.

Researchers using synchrotron radiation for macromolecular crystallography are invited to submit proposals for beam time for experiments to be carried out during the time period July 2007 to June 2008, and to submit block allocation proposals for the period July 2007 to June 2009.

*** The proposal deadline is March 9, 2007 ***

Note: It will be possible to apply for fast access after March 9, i.e. groups that do not have beamtime allocated during the normal application round can apply for beamtime at any time. However these applications will still be subject to evaluation, so access might still be faster if you already have an accepted proposal!
BEAMLINES FOR MACROMOLECULAR CRYSTALLOGRAPHY

Beamtime for macromolecular crystallography is available at:

* Beamline I911-2: Fixed-wavelength (1.04 Å): 165mm marccd, mardtb,
marccs sample changer

* Beamline I911-3: Tunable 0.7-2.0 Å, suitable for MAD/SAD: 225mm marmosaic, kappa goniostat, semi-automatic crystal centering, Roentec fluorescence detector

* Beamline I911-5: Fixed-wavelength (0.91 Å): 165mm marccd, mardtb

All beamlines are equipped with user-friendly data collection software.

For more information, see the beamline web site:
I911:  http://www.maxlab.lu.se/beamlines/bli911/

ACCESSIBILITY AND SUPPORT
MAX-lab is situated in Lund, 50 km or 30 minutes by car from Copenhagen airport (with less than 2 hour flights from e.g. London, Paris, Strasbourg, Munich, Budapest, Helsinki,...). Trains leave the airport every 20 to 40 minutes (44 minutes to Lund). Users from EU countries and associated states can apply for financial support through the project "Integrating Activity on Synchrotron and Free Electron Laser Science (IA-SFS)" within the Sixth Framework Programme (more information can be found in beamtime application instructions).

Information on how to prepare and submit proposals as well as descriptions of the other experimental facilities available at MAX-lab can be found on our web-site http://www.maxlab.lu.se