Peter,

I had a similar case, but the centering was pseudo-I in the monoclinic system (Oksanen et al. (2006) Acta Cryst. D62 1369-1374). I don't think you need to delete any reflections for MR; you should have higher than normal correlation coefficients as well as R-values. If you see the pseudo-translation vector between the two molecules, the solution is probably the correct one. The problem is that when you scale your data, the error model assumes a different intensity distribution than what you actually have. Therefore your weak reflections will have very high sigmas and since they define the _position_ of the molecules in the ASU, you are refining essentially against zeros in rigid body refinement. What I did was to scale the odd and even reflections separately, and then do rigid body refinement against the odd (weak) and restrained refinement against the even (strong) reflections. In the presence of significant pseudo- symmetry, the structure is probably never going to refine very well, at least in terms of R-value, because it is no longer a very good indicator of structure correctness...

   HTH,
   Esko

Esko Oksanen, M.Sc., researcher
Macromolecular Structures Group
Research Program in Structural Biology and Biophysics
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki
Viikinkaari 1 P.O. Box 65
FIN-00014 Helsinki
FINLAND
tel. +358-9-19158953 fax +358-9-19159940
mob. +358-50-3771414
Skype ejoksane
[EMAIL PROTECTED]