From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Yong
Tang
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:06 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] (bigger) fragment identification of limited proteolysis w/
mass-spec

Dear all, just a super dummy question: I treated a protein with
trypsin, found the protein being degraded into two well-define
fragments, ran a sizing column to find them co-elute, sent the peak
fraction for mass-spec, got the two masses. Now here is the question -
is there any program readily available for me to roughly identify
these two (around 20K) fragments with the full-length sequence and
these two masses, and of cause, with the fact that I use trypsin to
cut it? I checked a lot of programs listed on Expasy to find them
mostly dealing with smaller peptide length. Any information would be
highly appreciated. Thanks and have a nice weekend, -yong