From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John
Pak
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:40 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] antibody refinement in REFMAC with Kabat numbering

Hi all.

I'm currently refining an Fab structure.  All was going reasonably well
until I renumbered the PDB according to the Kabat numbering convention.
After which, REFMAC does not refine the inserted residues properly (ie.
residues 82A, 82B, 100A, 100B, 100C, etc.).  It refines these residues into
a steric jumble.  I think REFMAC can't recognize that the residues are
connected or something.

So my question is, how do you refine this type of PDB in REFMAC?  Or do you
just wait until the refinement is done, then change all the residue numbers
and connect entries in the header afterwards?