Hi Huiying,

Thanks, I think I understand what your approach was.  I guess I was
overly-concerned about model bias during density modification of model
phases (I can explain to myself both why it's valid and why it's not; but
haven't been able to resolve the obvious contradiction there); although
with two mad phase sets in the mix as well it probably wouldn't have a
large effect in any event.

I'd also thought that sigma_a (and other weighting schemes) reduced model
bias, but that it wasn't possible to completely remove it.  It's been a
while since I read the sigma_a paper, thought.

But seeing as your map improved, then these apparently aren't significant
problems.

Thanks again,

Pete

Pete Meyer