Hi Yanming,

I am glad that at least one other person has encountered this problem so I do not feel too guilty for having asked Paul to do something about it. Anyway, the MAN was kind enough to add a masking function under the Extensions Menu. It is something called 'Mask map bla bla..'. (I am not in the office so I can't read the proper name of the function). It uses mmdb code to define Chains/atoms/.... that you want to exclude from map calculations and produces a map masked by them. (For example if all your metal centres are chain M something like M/* removes all of them). Very useful imo for refining metal centers at low resolution.

Roberto

Quoting Yanming Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

After JED's email I tried immediately:
case:
a metal site which has very strong density and a HIS co-ordinating with the ion. After I click 'Real space refine zone' and then the residue HIS, the HIS will move to the density which belongs to the ion(clash with the ion) no matter how low the weight was set.

PS, I remember that Xfit of XtalView has the beauty to avoid this kind of problem, but now I am a regular user of coot.

Thanks
Yanming