Detwinning data and refining against detwinned data is not the best
thing to do, especially when you realise that detwinning data with
twin fraction larger than 45% is done using model information in CNS:
the detwinned data you get out is not experimental anymore.
Subsequently, you cannot trust your R and Rfree statistics as you
would normally and any 'improvement' you see in your free R or your
maps, might be due to the 'detwinning'

Have you tried using TLS refinement in combination with twin refinement?

Peter