From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Roger Rowlett
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 11:16 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Fedora core 6 install problem

Both of these issues are related to the proper definition of the local
host in your /etc/hosts file. Check this file to make sure local host is
defined. You should see a line like either of the following:

::1 localhost.localdomain locahost

or

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

I just built a Fedora 6 installation and had the same problem. Somehow,
my /etc/hosts file was corrupted during install and missing the
localhost definition. The problem was resolved by putting the second
line obove in the /etc/hosts/ file. On subsequent boots, this line was
removed and replaced with the first (ipv6-format) line, but CCP4i seems
to be happy now.

Roger S. Rowlett
Professor
Department of Chemistry