Quoting Kjeldgaard Morten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > The CCP4 license does explicitly allow you to redistribute library
> > code
> > Phil
>
> That's not the way I read the license. There are two sections of the
> license that are contradictory, 2.1 and 2.2. Both place restrictions
> on your use of the software. According to 2.1 you can distribute CCP4
> software to third parties, but according to 2.2 you can't. 2.3 limits
> the license to academic use. None of this is compliant with the GPL,
> and the inclusion of GPL as appendixes to the CCP4 license is
> incomprehensible at best, but could be viewed as fraudulent.

If you read the licence properly, you will see that section 2.1 covers the
libraries, whilst 2.2 covers the applications.

It also reads to me, that the only software covered by the LGPL is any which
would come under section 2.5 and so is not covered by the CCP4 licence (much as
section 2.6 covers third party software included with its own licence, e.g.
Astexviewer). I don't have time to examine the licences for each bit of code,
but with software from so many sources, I'm sure that some of the code is under
the LGPL, and not the CCP4 licence.

--
"We are the Kitten. Lower your weapons and open your arms.
Your refrigerators and sofas will be utilized for our comfort.