Dear Colleagues,

May I suggest that, at this point, we all need a clarification
of the licensing for the libraries in CCP4 (as distinct from
the licensing for the programs).  The community as a whole would
benefit from an unambiguous release of the current libraries (as
opposed to the next to current libraries) under the LGPL (as
opposed to the GPL or the full-blown CCP4 license).  I may be
missing something, but I cannot see who would be hurt by such
an action.  I think we all can see the benefit.

  Regards,
    Herbert