From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jan Abendroth
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 4:01 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] xds, saturn94 and 2theta

Hi xds-experts,
I am struggling to get xds running for Rigaku's Saturn94 detector with 2theta
offset.

Without 2theta offset, the Saturn92 input file from the xds webpage works just
fine with the following modifications:
 NX=2084 NY=2084 QX=0.0451 QY=0.0451   ! modified by JA
 ORGX= 1024  ORGY= 1024    !Detector origin (pixels). ORGX=NX/2; ORGY=NY/2

For a 2theta offset I additionally modified the following parameters:
 DIRECTION_OF_DETECTOR_X-AXIS=-0.9848 0.0 -0.1736 ! -cos2theta 0 sin2theta
 ORGX=  795  ORGY= 1070    !measured in VIEW

Here the question, as the indexing according to IDXREF.LP does not pick up a
good solution. Sometimes it is close, eg. for solutions with a rather good
score two axes ok, one off by several Å, sometimes all cell constants are just
a little off (2-3Å for a 50/50/90 Å cell).
- is the direction of the detector X-axis defined correctly (I also tried
-cos2theta 0 -sin2theta)
- how does one define the origin of the detector?
    a) approximate values for the center of the beam from "VIEW" (using 2084,
2084, 2, 0, l or b)
    b) the refined beam center values from eg. mosflm, translated into pixels?
- any other parameters that need to be changed?
- I also tried to use only a few or plenty of images for indexing.

I know there are other programs for processing data, however, there are good
reasons why I'd like to get this data set integrated with xds.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Jan

--