Is this a SHELX data set where the FreeR is flagged as -1?
There seems to be a variety of methods ..
But if you read in the FreeR flag from SHELX and ask to have a FreeRflag output the convert -t o - mtz script under Reflection data utilities will output the SHELX value

Eleanor

Leonard Thomas wrote:
I have a Shelx HKLF4 formated reflection file that I would like to convert to a mtz file. The primary reason is to transfer the freeR set. I found a couple of convoluted ways of converting the reflection data, but no real way of getting the freeR set to transfer.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Leonard M. Thomas Ph.D.
Director, Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
California Institute of Technology
Division of Biology
1200 E. California Blvd.  MC 114-96