Hello Todd.
An experienced synthetic chemist is your best source of help here, but otherwise have a look at these links. And greasy molecules are no problem. Organic chemists crystalize them like candy!

http://www.xray.ncsu.edu/GrowXtal.html
http://web.mit.edu/x-ray/cystallize.html
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:jT4WIhISjqwJ:chem-tech.ucsd.edu/ Recharges/SMXF/multimedia/xtal%2520growing%2520summer%2520-% 2520Richard%2520Staples.ppt+crystallization+small+molecule+evaporation +diffusion&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8 http://depts.washington.edu/eooptic/linkfiles/ Crystallisation_Techniques.doc

Good luck,

Jose.

**************************************
Jose Antonio Cuesta-Seijo