Link to the advertisement:

http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/temp/RNAad.pdf

The Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology at the University of California, Santa Cruz invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position. We seek candidates whose research centers on fundamental problems involving the biological roles of RNA. This person's research will expand and complement our existing RNA research areas which include RNA processing, ribosomes, catalytic RNA, genomics, computational biology, ribonucleoprotein assembly, RNA stability, RNA-protein interactions, and the use of cryo-electron microscopy and X-ray crystallography to study RNA and ribonucleoprotein complex structure. Research space is located within the MCD Biology Department in Sinsheimer Laboratories. The successful candidate will be associated with the Center for Molecular Biology of RNA. The RNA Center provides a collaborative research atmosphere with a broad range of interests. More information about the Center for Molecular Biology of RNA can be found at http:// rna.ucsc.edu/rnacenter/ . The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to interact with faculty doing related research in the departments of Chemistry & Biochemistry and Biomolecular Engineering, facilitated by the Center for Biomolecular Science & Engineering and the Stem Cell
Facility.

This appointment will be made at the Assistant Professor level. The successful candidate will be expected to establish a vigorous, externally-funded research program, contribute to the intellectual vitality of the MCD Biology department, and teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. We offer an interactive research environment, a strong modern infrastructure, and a competitive startup package. Colleagues who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, service and/or leadership are particularly encouraged to apply.

William G. Scott

contact info:  http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott