Hi Yanming,

>>Story ends with my questions:
>>1,It seems the 3rd copy non-exist or globally disordered, under this
>>circumstance, can I say 'because of the 3rd molecule is globally disordered
>>so
>>>Rfree and R stay high (2mol/a.u with Rfree 30% R 27%, 1.8A data)?

After finding the first 2mol/au followed by refinement when you got R/Rfree of
27%/30%, do the resulting maps indicate presence of a third molecule? If so,
the third molecule has to exist.

>>2,Anything I should worry about in the process finding out the 3rd?

  You mention that the solution for the third molecule obtained by Molrep and
Phaser differ. And you prefer the Phaser solution for the third since it
results in lower R/Rfree. However, maybe both these solutions are not totally
correct which results in the bad refinement with 3 mol/asu.
Does this third solution match the density obtained in (1) above for the third
molecule after refinement with only 2mols/asu? I think it is more likely to be
incorrect placement of third molecule rather than global disorder.

>>3,Are there suggestions to further lower down Rfree (the reasonable Rfree
>>should be around 22%)?
Check several different placements of the third molecule. Try simulated
annealing refinement.
What about twinning possibility? You can also use Phaser to try mr in both
P43212 and P43 groups just to make sure that the other space group just to make
sure your sg choice is correct.

Regards,
Debanu.

--