I believe Wayne Hendrickson's lab has had such a case with a 10-fold symmetric mollusc hemocyanin crystal. This must have been in the early 90's and to my knowlwedge they were never able to solve the structure even though it diffracted beyond 2 Anstrom.

I'm not sure if this work has been published but you can check the paper describing a single domain of this protein complex or contact one of its authors.

Bart

J Mol Biol. 1998 May 15;278(4):855-70.

Crystal structure of a functional unit from Octopus hemocyanin.
Cuff ME, Miller KI, van Holde KE, Hendrickson WA.

Jacob Keller wrote:
I am still eagerly awaiting a biomacromolecular quasicrystal with a five-fold symmetric diffraction pattern. It seems that this is entirely possible, if one gets roughly Penrose-tile shaped oligomers somehow. But wow, how would you solve that thing? I guess one would have to modify software from
the small molecule or matsci folks.

Jacob

==============Original message text===============